Friday 15 July 2011

Decisions, decisions

I have only recently become aware of the existence of blogs. All the blogs I have read thus far are on the same subject, that of assistance dogs. This is mainly due to the fact that I have recently decided to apply for an assistance dog. I was diagnosed with cerebral palsy around the age of 2. Then when I was 12 my legs were broken and then reset. I use a manual wheelchair at all times outside and crutches and my wheelchair at home. Since I live in the UK there are three organisations to which I could apply: dogs for the disabled, canine partners and support dogs. I have been in contact with both dogs for the disabled and canine partners. Since dogs for the disabled is the most local to me I am now trying to get a place on a visitors morning. I will keep you posted on my progress through the application process.

No comments:

Post a Comment